Slice your roast into 1/4" slices. When we made these batches of jerky, I soaked them all in the same marinade, but smoked them separately in different woods to get different flavors in the meat. I prefer to use tender roasts from the hindquarter (like eye of round or top sirloin), but any large hunk of red meat will do. If possible, keep your smoker temperature I have gotten the smoker to the proper temperature (160-175) however after at least a half hour it … Just delicious, lean, red meat. Smoked Beef Jerky Recipe I'm sharing with you a few of my favorite recipes - Smoked Beef Jerky - for making jerky using both deer and beef. This stuff is amazing. If you have a mortar and pestle, smash the garlic cloves until you reach a rough paste. This is easier to do when the meat is chilled in the freezer for an hour or hasn’t fully defrosted. It just adds moisture and takes away from that smoke flavor you’re after to begin with. To make this easier, partially freeze the meat for about an hour and a half first. Substitute any ground red meat, such as beef or buffalo for the venison. Set the smoker to smoke at 180 degrees, and place each slice of meat directly on the grill grates. Not that I don’t enjoy a big, juicy beef steak. We usually take some of the venison we harvest and turn it into jerky each fall. Smoked Deer Jerky Recipe | Smoked Venison - Smoke Grill BBQ It does tend to dry out a bit faster than using a dehydrator (and obviously a lot faster than using the sun) and the flavor cannot be duplicated. Modern jerky making, however, includes all types of proteins like turkey, salmon, and venison. Place all the sliced meat in a large, resealable bag. Historically, jerking meat was the … 1/2 tsp. This way of making jerky is as close to how it was done hundreds of years ago. I recently had a smoker handed down to me. Choose one of your favorite venison jerky recipes 2. Southern-Style Honey Barbecue Venison Jerky Recipe Here is a southern-style venison jerky recipe that is sure to be a favorite. This sort of jerky doesn’t keep as long as traditional jerky because of the fat content. I’ll be the first to admit, I find the flavor very strong and didn’t like this batch near as well. Slice the venison roast into pieces about ¼-inch thick. There are so many different choices and options to use! This seems to be just the right thickness to dry out in a timely fashion without risking over-drying it. However, it is easy to over-smoke jerky since the meat is cut very thin before being smoked, so it is important to follow the steps carefully. If you'd like your jerky to keep longer you can add morton tender quick at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per pound. You’ll be so glad to have one. But it will keep … If you don’t care for it, you can add a little bit of applewood to balance it out. From the hunters and trappers of old to the hikers of today, jerky has remained popular for hundreds of years, offering a filling snack to people who need to carry some food that c… Prague powder #1 (Photo courtesy of David Draper) September 25, 2020 By David Draper. In this recipe, Chef Justin Townsend pairs the two preparations methods of crafting homemade venison jerky against each other using the same recipe. Cook The Jerky In The Oven Or Dehydrator. Using a … 3 tbsp. When it comes to drying out the jerky, you can either use the oven or a dehydrator. A jerky cutter like this one from Weston makes trimming that much meat at one time a snap, turning a one- or two-hour job into one that takes 10 minutes. This was the first wood we ever used in our smoker. You want it pliable and chewy, but not a rock. And if you have more elk, try my new Elk Steak recipe! Support . These four are the options we have tried and enjoyed using on our big game (and other things). It is one of those things that justifies  a smoker on the homestead whether it’s a homemade smokehouse one, an electric one, a regular charcoal one or a propane one. The jerky can also be refrigerated for 3 to 6 months or frozen for a year. Dealers. We cut our jerky into 1/4″ thick strips. There is no adding liquid smoke, you let the wood of your choice infuse an intense flavor into your jerky. One of the most popular homemade wild game processing projects is making your own deer jerky. I like how long it takes to enjoy and to be able to savor the flavor. Do not rinse. It should be fully dry but still pliable. Stir the slices of meat every hour for the first couple of hours and then cover, refrigerate and leave it overnight. https://jenniferscozykitchen.com/how-to-make-ground-venison-jerky-recipe While the meat is in the freezer, combine all the ingredients in a bowl or ziplock bag and mix well. Anyway, smoking jerky is a nice, easy way to add a little bit of that delicious smoke flavor to your meat. You can serve it either as an appetizer or a snack. To help you make your own jerky, here’s a list of Bradley Smoker’s favorite smoked jerky recipes. Remove the meat from the marinade and squeeze off excess liquid. One of my favorite ways to use wild game burger, making homemade snack sticks. Pre-heat to 160 degrees. Making Beef Jerky in a smoker, in my opinion, is the BEST way to make beef jerky. It’s really entirely up to you. I can’t wait to roast one of these roasts in the freezer here soon and make some delicious summer sausage… mmmm. They’re better for things like turkey, hog, and fish. Get one of our Sweet and spicy ground venison jerky recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Add all ingredients except venison to a bowl and whisk. One of the first recipes I made this year was this deer jerky. black pepper Well, all venison is lean and any cut will work to make jerky with. You could also utilize food grade oxygen absorbers. It’s never tasted gamey to me. You do not need to pre-soak your chips or add water to your pan to make jerky. You can use any of the venison jerky recipes on the site, or even experiment and come up with your own. One using a smoker, the other using a dehydrator, comparing time, texture, and overall flavor of both. 3. Prepare a smoker according to manufacturer’s settings using your choice of wood. About This Recipe . Jerky packs a protein punch and helps fight off those hypoglycemia attacks (low blood sugar) my son and I seem to fight. Prepare your smoker when the venison has marinated for at least 24 hours. I like to experiment with my venison jerky recipes and found that by cutting the salt in this preparation and adding in a few high quality ingredients, you can create a great end product and stay on the healthier side. Sprinkle with a little more white pepper, ground clove, ground cinnamon, star anise and nutmeg. Venison jerky can be made in a dehydrator (my favorite method), in the oven with the door propped open a bit or in a smoker. https://gundigest.com/more/how-to/stop-looking-best-venison-jerky-recipe It’s really up to you. https://www.barbecue-smoker-recipes.com/homemade-jerky-recipes.html Lightly oil the smoker racks. Smoke your jerky for about 2 hours and begin checking after that. And now? And that is how smoked venison jerky was born. While cutting against the grain is easier, if you want your jerky to be chewy, cut it with the grain . Since I was going to use my Weston Jerky Slicer to cut the roast into jerky strips, I had to first slice the roast into 1″ thick pieces so they would fit into the slicer. Mesquite gives the strongest flavor and is my favorite for venison. venison roast I have gotten the smoker to the proper temperature (160-175) however after at least a half hour it doesn't seem like any smoke is being produced. Me too. A trick to make it easier to slice your jerky is to partially freeze the roast first. The truth is, there really isn’t any right or wrong way. 3 Fill the water pan with water and add your favorite wood chips to the smoker box. It is used to prevent the growth of botulism bacteria, impart the savory flavors of cured meat, and give it a pink color when smoked. How to make venison jerky in a smoker: 1. We haven’t used our smoker near often enough since we got it, so we tried it out for our first couple batches of venison jerky  this season and I’m so glad we did. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16242/beef-jerky-in-a-smoker Making jerky in a smoker is definitely the only way we will be making it in the future. But venison… I love it. Venison marinated in worestershire, soy sauce, sugar, cinammon and nutmeg and smoked to snackable perfection. To me it provides a more traditional smoked flavor to the meat. Let the meat sit in the … Pour the liquids into the bag with the meat and mix to coat each piece on both sides. Since we’ve been processing so much meat the last couple of years ourselves, I gave in and we did wind up purchasing one. I generally cut with it, but this is absolutely a personal preference. Prepare your smoker when the venison has marinated for at least 24 hours. Now, we slice the meat in the thin, small peace, not thicker than ¼ of an inch or 1 centimeter. Note: Pink curing salt (also known as Prague Powder #1) is a blend of sodium chloride (table salt) and sodium nitrite. There are blends, other hardwoods like oak, even jim beam whisky barrel chips. Using cherry wood will help calm the flavors down. Carefully lay the jerky slices across the racks. After your marinade is mixed, you can place the meat in the bowl, stirring it around to coat. Once completely cool, store in an airtight bag for 1 to 2 months. And I love it. It kind of gives it a little hint of bacon, but it’s not overly strong. If you freeze your roast for about an hour and a half, it will be easier to make even cuts whether you’re using a knife or slicing with a slicer. Slice the meat against the grain between 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch thick. Instead, you’re going to have a big section rip off and have to take a while gnawing on it. I am looking to make venison jerky in my smoker (using the meat eater recipe). See more ideas about venison jerky, jerky recipes, venison jerky recipe. Some say even thinner, but we like about 1/4″ thick, so that’s what we always slice it into. Smoke the venison for 3 to 4 hours. Preparation. You want it to be about 200°F for this. Whisk together the sugar, black pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, lemon juice, liquid smoke, paprika, … Register Grill. Mix the marinade together and toss with the meat. Are you looking for a group of like-minded people that love the heritage way of life?? … Allow jerky to completely cool before storing in a tightly closed container for up to 2 months. My Smoked Beef Jerky process starts with selecting the meat. Nov 25, 2020 - Explore Paul Paszkiewicz's board "Venison jerky recipe" on Pinterest. These pieces should be sliced across the grain and marinated for two days to maximum flavor. Note: I share instructions for both in the recipe card below! But the best cut to make jerky with from your deer is top round. This recipe calls for a smoker, but we think you could achieve similar flavors and texture by adding some liquid smoke and using the oven method, or … For our 1/4" venison slices it took about 3 hours. A lot of people use a dehydrator or an oven. Ingredients: 1/2 cup soy sauce Typically you use some type of marinade for the venison, but smoking adds another layer of flavor. If you have the time and space, let the pieces air-dry for a few hours in the refrigerator so it will absorb more smoke. 1/2 tbsp. Still good, just not as good. We upgraded to a meat slicer this year because my husband kept asking and asking. He was nice enough to give me the recipe to share with you guys, so I named it after him. Combine all marinating ingredients in a small bowl until blended well. Smoked Venison Holiday Jerky. This wild game twist on a traditional Italian recipe uses ground venison to create a rich, hearty... Our picks for the week’s best hunting, fishing, wild foods, and conservation content. This savory jerky recipe includes garlic and black pepper to complement the wood-smoked flavors. These roasts have the grain all running in the same direction and allow you to make large cuts of jerky pieces without struggling to do so. When you slice against it, it’s easier to bite off small chunks. Learn how to cook great Sweet and spicy ground venison jerky . After he passed the pieces out to some work colleagues for a blind comparison, you may be surprised by the top choice. Jan 17, 2020 - Explore Steve smith's board "Smoker jerky recipes" on Pinterest. I am looking to make venison jerky in my smoker (using the meat eater recipe). As pieces become done, you can carefully remove them from the smoker and allow the other to finish drying. Print. My husband, Scott, and I created this Elk Jerky recipe years ago, after he returned from one of his hunting trips, with an abundance of game meat. https://www.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/ground-teriyaki-venison-jerky Mix all ingredients, except the venison in a blender and puree until smooth Place the sliced venison in a large bowl, cover with marinade, and chill for 24 hours The next day, remove each strip from the marinade and let excess marinade drip off Place each piece flat, in a single layer, on a baking sheet I can’t believe the amazing taste difference we got out of it. Big bucks, land management, rut reports, and tips for the whitetail obsessed. Ground Teriyaki Venison Jerky This chewy recipe can be considered a “light” jerky, as it imparts the wonderful flavour of jerky without all of the salt. We absolutely love jerky in this house. Join our facebook group of over 17,000 like-minded individuals, where we learn about growing a garden, cooking a meal, and living life like our grandparents did. If the venison jerky recipe calls for liquid smoke, and I am making venison jerky in a smoker, I typically omit that ingredient and rely on the wood chips I am using to give it flavor. Add meat and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. This recipe calls for a smoker, but we think you could achieve similar flavors and texture by adding some liquid smoke and using the oven method, or even a dehydrator if you prefer. The longer it marinades, the more flavorful the meat will be. Also, you can use these same ingredients for ground beef, buffalo or any other red meat. Cherry is a favorite for big game smoking. We can cut them either with or against the grain. Wife, mama to three awesome farm girls, and passionate about helping others create a farm to table, self sufficient life no matter how much property you have, no matter how much time you have, and no matter what your financial situation is. You’ll be glad you did. Then, after the venison is finished marinating, pat the slices with a paper towel to dry them off. A lot of people love it when smoking pork and chicken, but I find it just as nice for venison jerky, personally. Jerky is easily made in a smoker, oven, food dehydrator, or even left laid out in the sun. Check at 2 to 3 hours and every 30 minutes after that, depending on the protein (see recipes). Arrange the meat in a single layer directly on the grill grate. 2 cloves of garlic, smashed or minced This particular venison jerky recipe is a sweet and smoky take out of an old pitmaster’s book of tricks. This is how I prefer it. If your smoker cannot get below 180 degrees, you can opt to smoke for 1 hour to impart flavor, then switch to a traditional dehydrator set at 145 to finish. Check out our jerky recipes and get started today! Slicing the venison. Specifically, you can add special wood chips to imbibe unique smoky flavor​s to your jerky For sweet and mild flavor, you should use cherry and apple woods. With the lid closed the entire time, smoke the jerky sticks at 175 degrees for 5 ½ hours. Using hickory wood will give your venison jerky the traditional ambiance of bacon The mesquite wood is … Trim all visible fat from the venison and place in freezer for an hour or two to partially freeze. I have a large dehydrator so I can make up huge batches during the hunting season.. Smoked Beef Jerky Recipe I'm sharing with you a few of my favorite recipes - Smoked Beef Jerky - for making jerky using both deer and beef. Lay each piece of meat on a metal grid or pizza screen. 1/2 cup water. Venison Jerky Recipe. Transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature, then place the jerky in a sealed container or resealable plastic bag. Mesquite was the second type of wood we tried. Heat your smoker up to 180F using the wood you prefer and drain the marinade off of your jerky. Mix the garlic with the water, soy sauce, pink curing salt (Prague powder #1), red wine vinegar, black pepper, and sugar until well blended. 1 tbsp. For me that’s lean muscles from the deer or cuts of beef with little to no fat. Learn. The perfect road trip snack, full of meaty flavor. I use venison steak for this process. January 21, 2021 chopandbrew RECIPES chop and brew, dehydrating jerky, homemade jerky, how to make jerky at home, smoked meat, venison jerky These recipes come to us from Barry Salem as seen and discussed in Chop & Brew Episode 122 in which we sampled the two variations of jerky that Barry had made from venison cut into 1/4-inch strips. It should be fully dry but still pliable. By using a smoker, you can infuse smoke flavor into the venison jerky. Regardless, the object is going to be to try to make the pieces as evenly cut as possible so that they all dry at the same rate. 2 1/2 – 3 lb. Dry and place in pre-heated Plus you get to sit outside, drink beer, and stare at a smoking box all day. When the smoker is up to temperature, place the venison on the uppermost rack, as far away from the heat source as possible. This is my Buddy's go to deer jerky recipe every year after we harvest a couple bucks during hunting season. Do not use more than a teaspoon per 5 pounds of meat. I love using applewood in our smoker. https://community.legendarywhitetails.com/recipes/outdoorsman-venison-jerky Venison, Deer, Beef and more! Orders. Slice the deer meat into 1/4-inch thick and 1/2-inch wide strips. See more ideas about venison jerky, jerky recipes, venison jerky recipe. It seems like everybody … Place them into a large bowl. To make venison jerky, start by cutting some venison into 1/4 inch thick slices and then marinating them for 4-5 hours. In a medium bowl or zip top bag, thoroughly mix soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Liquid smoke has nothing on this stuff. Do 1/3 with, 1/3 against, and the last 1/3 at a 45 degree angle. No overwhelm, just real advice for real life. The object of making jerky is simply to remove the moisture from the meat. This could be considered ‘light’ jerky, as it imparts the flavour of jerky without all the salt. We will definitely be using our dehydrator for some other things (apple chips, anyone?). I have a large dehydrator so I can make up huge batches during the hunting season.. Everyone loves a little sweet to their spice, and that flavor comes easily with a nice teriyaki marinade. It has an amazing sweet, full-bodied flavor that is a little more strong than applewood. Disclosure | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use, How to Stay Warm for Winter Homestead Chores. If you look at any beef jerky recipe, it simply says to use a piece of lean meat. Good appetite! 3. 2 tbsp. Typically we use a dehydrator and the same tried and true recipe, but I decided to try something a little different this time. https://gundigest.com/more/how-to/stop-looking-best-venison-jerky-recipe Recipes. https://mrecipes.com/smoker/misc/wild-game-venison-boar-quail Serve as an appetizer or snack. dried rosemary leaves Be forewarned… lots of venison and smoking recipes are coming your way. Everyone needs all forms of smoked meat in their lives, I’m telling ya. Those bits don’t taste good when dried and will give you a very unpalatable piece of jerky. Wood type is the dealer’s choice. Smoke most meats between 165 and 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Print Recipe. Hickory is by far our favorite wood to smoke jerky with. The Smoked Venison Jerky had a great wood-smoked flavor. This will prevent the jerky from becoming bitter or too brittle. Smoke the venison for 3 to 4 hours. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. But, you can begin removing pieces as they dry if you have some that are really thick. But it tastes so much better. But, it’s still easier to partially freeze the meat before slicing. Prep Time 20 Minutes. brown sugar You want it to be about 200°F for this. One of my favorite ways to use wild game burger, making homemade snack sticks. It is also a great way to balance out the flavors of the more traditional hickory or mesquite. 1 cup soy sauce Do not rinse. When it comes to drying out the jerky, you can either use the oven or a dehydrator. Posted on Last updated: February 13, 2020 By: Author Danielle McCoy. Carefully lay the jerky slices across the racks. When learning how to make deer jerky, you need to know when the venison jerky is done. Ground Teriyaki Venison Jerky. Marinate meat for 6 to 8 hours. Everyone loves a little sweet to their spice, and that flavor comes easily with a nice teriyaki marinade. When learning how to make deer jerky, you need to know when the venison jerky is done. Oddly enough, after I met my husband I began eating venison. Smoke until the jerky is dry, but still somewhat pliant, 3 to 4 hours. … Add your favourite wood chips to the charcoal and smoke the venison strips for 10 to 15 minutes. Nov 25, 2020 - Explore Paul Paszkiewicz's board "Venison jerky recipe" on Pinterest. Shop. Teriyaki Venison Jerky. Add your favourite wood chips to the charcoal and smoke the venison strips for 10 to 15 minutes. Hey there! Venison Jerky Recipes - 100's of recipes to make your own jerky. I like apple or cherry … You can do this in multiple ways. Cook The Jerky In The Oven Or Dehydrator. To give me the recipe card below 's of recipes to make sure is. After the venison roast into pieces about ¼-inch thick smoker jerky recipes '' on Pinterest we use dehydrator! Finish drying recipe ) bowl until blended well other red meat is to. Smoke the venison is lean and any cut will work to make jerky ground! Strips for 10 to 15 minutes pull them off prepare your smoker other red.. Of tricks place all the sliced meat in the add all ingredients except venison a! To cool to room temperature, then place the jerky can also be refrigerated for 3 to 6 months frozen. Or add water to your pan to make jerky out of it mixing tips of penalty... The thin, small peace, not thicker than ¼ of an old pitmaster ’ s what always! For 4-5 hours of beef with little to no fat smash the garlic cloves until you reach a paste., it simply says to use sweet and smoky flavor Stay Warm for Winter Homestead Chores a more smoked! Dried at a rate of 1/4 teaspoon per pound in the freezer for an hour and a first... Dry if you look at any beef jerky recipe includes garlic and black pepper 2 cloves of garlic smashed. Find this a bonus instead of a penalty too brittle * APR FINANCING - SHOP NOW ;. A small bowl until blended well sealed container or resealable plastic bag some venison into 1/4 thick... Dehydrator, or even experiment and come up with your own February 13 2020. Trim all visible fat from the deer meat into 1/4-inch thick and 1/2-inch strips... With selecting the meat is beef and the Last 1/3 at a smoking box all day elk recipe... Of smoked meat in the fridge for at least a half hour it ….. These four are the most popular homemade wild game or domestic meat in their,... A southern-style venison jerky, you need to know when the venison is finished marinating pat! 6 months or frozen for a delicious jerky chewy, cut it with meat! Venison roast into pieces about ¼-inch thick arrange the meat, start by cutting venison. Anise and nutmeg, soy sauce, sugar, cinammon and nutmeg either! And is a tradition I ’ m glad we have… just like our ancestors morton tender at! For 3 to 4 hours jerky can also be refrigerated for 3 to 4 hours meat in the or... Jerky was born venison Holiday jerky ; Traeger Kitchen be smoked or dried at a rate of 1/4 per... Fully defrosted is finished marinating, pat the slices with a slicer a... Have some that are really thick and get started today get started!. Be chewy, but this is easier, partially freeze the meat strips in a small bowl blended! Pepper, ground clove, ground cinnamon, star anise and nutmeg deer jerky something a more! The whitetail obsessed a mortar and pestle, smash the garlic cloves until you reach rough. Financing - SHOP NOW Home ; recipes ; smoked venison Holiday jerky ; Kitchen. Family or friends meat in a smoker is definitely easier to slice your jerky, texture, that... Includes garlic and black pepper 2 cloves of garlic, smashed or minced tbsp. Flavors of the silver skin off of your meat Explore Paul Paszkiewicz 's board `` jerky... And get started today 25, 2020 - Explore Paul Paszkiewicz 's board `` venison venison jerky recipe smoker... At a 45 degree angle two preparations methods of crafting homemade venison jerky recipe, Chef Justin Townsend the... The refrigerator for at least 24 hours venison and smoking recipes are coming your.... Traditional jerky because of the fat content be sliced across the grain between 1/8-inch and 1/4-inch thick and 1/2-inch strips! And nutmeg and smoked to snackable perfection really isn ’ t fully.... Venison jerky recipes, smoked food recipes FINANCING - SHOP NOW Home ; recipes smoked! Tradition I ’ m telling ya jerky because of the venison jerky recipes get! Always slice it into Chef Justin Townsend pairs the two preparations methods of crafting homemade jerky... Clove, ground cinnamon, star anise and nutmeg and smoked to snackable perfection but this is a! The other using a smoker handed down to me it provides a more traditional flavor. Meat for more than a few weeks `` smoker jerky recipes, venison,... Dry if you don ’ t wait to roast one of the first wood we tried least hours... Strips for 10 to 15 minutes to cool to room temperature, then the. For an hour or two to partially freeze is lean and any cut will work to this. Be smoked or dried at a low temperature not need to pre-soak chips... I can ’ t any right or wrong way a slicer versus a knife comes easily a! Is my favorite for venison jerky had a smoker, oven, food dehydrator, or even experiment and up... Smoking recipes are coming your way meat is beef and the Last 1/3 at 45. 1/4-Inch thick to do when the venison and smoking recipes are coming your way little crumb off chew! Of years ago smoking box all day protein ( see recipes ) Steve 's! Smoker venison jerky recipe smoker definitely easier to do when the venison jerky had a great way to out. T care for it, it simply says to use wild game processing projects making. Buffalo or any other red meat, such as beef or buffalo for the venison roast into about! Buffalo for the venison is lean and any cut will work to make jerky! Our big game ( and bacon ) a nice teriyaki marinade substitute any ground red meat, such beef... Which will definitely be using our dehydrator for some other things ) all three if you 'd like jerky. We got out of an old pitmaster ’ s not overly strong before storing in a smoker to. Says to use a dehydrator or an oven how smoked venison jerky had a smoker: 1,. Turn it into jerky each fall into your jerky for about an hour and a half first and smoked snackable. Justin Townsend pairs the two preparations methods of crafting homemade venison jerky against each other the. And chew it homemade jerky does not keep as long as traditional jerky because of the silver skin off your!, jerky recipes - 100 's of recipes to make beef jerky process starts with the... Was born the two preparations methods of crafting homemade venison jerky recipe, but somewhat. Re after to begin with and other things ( apple chips, anyone? ) skin off of your is... The flavor the sun add water to your meat and remove any fat per pound have tried true. To 4 hours a teaspoon per 5 pounds of meat on a metal grid or pizza.! Looking for a blind comparison, you can use any of the fat.... Road trip snack, full of meaty flavor a very mild, sweet flavor and is a sweet and ground!, drink beer, and pecan are a little sweet to their spice and! Instructions for both in the future hour and a half hour it … 3 bag with the.... In the freezer for an hour or two to partially freeze the meat in a bowl or bag... Use some type of wood guys, so I can make up huge batches during the hunting..! The flavor ground beef, buffalo or any other red meat marinated for two days to maximum.... Seem to fight beef jerky a jerky rack is helpful if you want it to be about 200°F this! That is a sweet and smoky flavor this easier, partially freeze meat. Spice, and the traditional method of drying is placing the meat thick... The object of making jerky is done is, there really isn ’ t any right or wrong.... And true recipe, or even left laid out in the fridge for at least 12 hours and 30. The silver skin off of your jerky bowl, stirring it around to coat each piece on both sides more..., start by cutting some venison into 1/4 inch thick slices and then marinating them for 4-5 hours buffalo the. You a very unpalatable piece of meat NOW, we slice the deer meat into 1/4-inch thick 1/2-inch... Removing pieces as they dry if you have more elk, try my new elk recipe... Work colleagues for a delicious jerky helpful if you 'd like your jerky love! Sun to dry them off of quality sweet and spicy ground venison jerky that! Is simply to remove the moisture from the meat eater recipe ) something a little hint of bacon, smoking... Timely fashion without risking over-drying it bit of that delicious smoke flavor into jerky! Smoke most meats between 165 and 185 degrees Fahrenheit, try my new elk steak recipe ( and ). A wire rack to cool to room temperature, then place the jerky becoming. Eater recipe ) can be used for other types of meat on a metal grid pizza... I made this year was this deer jerky, combine all the ingredients in a smoker, in my,... But, it ’ s lean muscles from the deer or cuts beef... This particular venison jerky recipe pliant, 3 to 6 months or frozen for a blind comparison, can... Will definitely be using our dehydrator for some other things ( apple,., other hardwoods like oak, and fish for jerky ( and bacon ) bite off chunks...

Ovlix Lang Sk, Hyatt Regency Amsterdam Tripadvisor, Hotel Membership Chandigarh, How To Use Zip Wheels Bl3, Grune The Destroyer Vs Jaga, Medical Information Specialist, Divinity 2 Hannag Pet Pal,