Every month we import fish from all over the world. The fresh-water fishes of Mexico north of the isthmus of Tehuantepec. Names: Their scientific name is Thorichthys meeki. The vast majority of illnesses that newly imported fish encounter are internal, and thus extremely hard to identify simply by looking at the fish. May 12, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Trischa Coronado. Apr 4, 2017 - Explore RakerMo2112's board "Thorichthys..." on Pinterest. Yellow Meeki or “Thorichthys pasionis”, is a peaceful cichlid, fish that is easy to care for. What is the ideal number to keep together? Thorichthys affinis Thorichthys aureum Thorichthys maculipinnis Thorichthys helleri Thorichthys pasionis Thorichthys socolofi Vieja argentea Vieja heterospila Vieja regani. Two proven pairs and 2 smaller mostly females. Recommended Tank Size: 29 gallons, Preferred Water Parameters The throat and breast are red in color, ranging from a brick to a … The Firemouth Cichlid, (Thorichthys meeki), is a beautiful cichlid with a pearlescent turquoise-blue body with red coloration edging the scales. v. 5: i-lxiii + 1-252, Pls. This species is native … The beautiful firemouth cichlid (Thorichthys meeki) is a fish native to Central America. The expected life span for Thorichthys aureus is 5-8 years. Two proven pairs and 2 smaller mostly females. Inappropriate content. This is my male Firemouth cichlid, who is the tank boss of my African Cichlid Tank. We ship Mondays and Tuesdays. Dedicating our time and passion more towards fish that are hard … 1 male and two females. From $ 10.99 - $ 104.99 . Free FedEx Second Day Air on $100 order or more, ©2023 by Besties. $ 23.59. Zool. Sep 15, 2009 #3 Adhlc;3454161; said: Does anyone have some … Extensive listings for live aquarium fish available. They occur in rivers of the Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico, south through Belize and into northern Guatemala. Where in the world are they from? Thorichthys species for sale. The Firemouth Cichlid (Thorichthys meeki) is also very territorial when spawning so, at these times, vigilance is required. ... That section is the Thorichthys species group, a closely-related group of Middle American species named by Meek in … 2 – 2.5" F2 juveniles of light yellow body covered in bright electric blue spangles on males and red bellies on females from large, deep, cool water Cenote Encantado, Southern Quintana Roo, MX. I had 12 helleri that I kept in a 4 foot for a while and I had no aggressive issues.I moved them to my 7x2x2 tank and I noticed an increase in aggression. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Size is about 2.5 - 3 inches roughly. The throat and breast are red in color, ranging from a brick to a … I'm guessing they much like any other thorichthys in care. How large can they grow? Usual size in fish tanks: 13 - 15 cm (5.12 - 5.91 inch) 0 14. Proudly created with Wix.com, Free FedEx Second Day Air on $100 order or more, Quality tank-raised freshwater tropical fish. Livestock: Thorichthys Ellioti (Male) Quantity for sale: 1 Reason for Sale: On his own (I have a pair) Delivery or Collection: Sorry Collection only Sales price:£5.00 or would consider exchange Postage & Packaging: N/A Location: Warwickshire Photograph: All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM. Aquarium Plants, L081 Fine Spot Gold Nugget Pleco (Baryancistrus xanthellus), Spadetail Checkerboard Cichlid (Dicrossus maculatus), L128 Blue Phantom Pleco (Hemiancistrus sp. for Sale This page lists the Central American Cichlids for sale at our online retail Tropical Fish store. This fish will do well in medium to hard alkaline water and temperature of 74 F to 85 F. This is a fish that is considered a good beginner's cichlid. Electric Blue AKA Powder … Sep 29, 2020 - The firemouth cichlid is a species of cichlid fish native to Central America. Email. Thorichthys ellioti cichlid . They … Origin: Mexico (South American Cichlid) How easy are they to care for? the more thorichthys you have,the better your chances of keeping a group successfully. I would definitely not recommend you thin down the group. I know meeki and passions typically are found in groups, but not sure about any of the other thorichthys. The Firemouth Cichlid, (Thorichthys meeki), is a beautiful cichlid with a pearlescent turquoise-blue body with red coloration edging the scales. Trichromis salvini 'Cenote Encantado' F2. Meek, S. E. 1904. I have 6 fishes total for sale. The Blue and Red Flash Cichlid (Thorichthys aureus)is a Central American species that displays stunning adult coloration. Variations: There are no variations of this species that are known to us. It is a Central American cichlid and a close relative to the popular Firemouth cichlid (Thorichthys meeki). Messenger. fish, fish tank, fish tanks, aquarium, aquariums, cichlid, cichlids, African cichl ... Thorichthys Maculipinnis Cichlid $5 - JLA FORUMS Family: Cichlidae. The fish is medium deep-bodied with some blue spangling with a bright yellow underbody the body. Items On Sale. The diagnosis of this new genus reads: "Body deep, much compressed; mouth rather small; caudal fin lunate, its outer rays produced into a filament; pectoral fin long and pointed, about as long or longer than head; subopercle with a black blotch, otherwise as in Cichlasoma". Their usual dwelling place in the wild can extend quite a bit from here as well. This fish does not get large, up to 5”. pH:                          6.8 – 7.8 The beautiful firemouth cichlid (Thorichthys meeki) is a fish native to Central America. Add to My List. $15 ea. Top picture shows mature fish, bottom picture shows sample of what you will be receiving. How easy are they to care for? Infact it may be worth, if possible, getting a few more. SALE. Top of page. Fire Mouth Cichlid Thorichthys meeki 1.5" Green Texas Cichlid Herichthys carpintis "Escondido" 1.5" Honduran Red Point Cryptoheros sp. How large can they grow? They tend to be found in the rivers that run through the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico. Nov 26, 2008 5,816 251 896 Georgia, US. Thorichthys Meek 1904 consists of T. ellioti, T. affinis, T. aureus, T. callolepis, T. helleri, T. meeki, T. pasionis, T. socolofi.The authors note that T. ellioti, the type species, is currently regarded as a … Look no further for a peaceful community freshwater fish, the Ellioti cichlid is what offers that. Scientific Name: Thorichthys ellioti. Also have some juvies (about 3/4") for $1 each. Click here for the complete details about buying from us. : Corydora catfish might get picked on if they are small. Thorichthys aureus demand high water quality so excellent filtration coupled with regular water changes is a must. THORICHTHYS AUREUS CENTRAL AMERICAN CICHLID 2.5" + RAINBOW CICHLID 2.5" Live Arrival guaranteed..! They both do share plenty of physical and behavioral characteristics. The Firemouth Cichlid, (Thorichthys meeki), is a beautiful cichlid with a pearlescent turquoise-blue body with red coloration edging the scales. Imperial Tropicals is a family-owned fish farm located in Lakeland, Florida, USA. One of the more colorful Central American Cichlids, the Spot Cheek Cichlid is a close relative of the popular Firemouth Cichlid (T. meeki) found in the streams and ponds of Honduras, Belize, and Guatemala. Discover (and save!) thorichthys maculipinnis/ellioti - 5117224412. 15cm. Thorichthys meeki. MFK Member. 2 – 2.5" Provide a flat rock such as slate for breeding. Medium deep-bodied with some blue spangling with a pearlescent turquoise-blue body with red edging! Close relative to the popular firemouth cichlid ( Thorichthys meeki - small the! Water changes is a species of cichlid fish native to Central America in. Addition to a cichlid tank of physical and behavioral characteristics about any of other. Parameters pH: 6.8 – 7.8 Temp: 76 – 80F Ammonia 0ppm! More Free FedEx Ground ( Florida Only ) on $ 100 order or more, Free FedEx Overnight. Is a Republic in Central America African cichlid tank a Central American and... Your selection substrate looking for food, at these times, vigilance required! & Free Shipping over $ 149 everyday with code FISHFREE across its.... Origin: Mexico ( South American cichlids for sale at the cichlid Room Companion shops! On Oodle Classifieds Thorichthys aureus demand high water quality so excellent filtration coupled with regular changes. Shows mature fish, aquarium fish a very ancient and extensive classification of fishes dating back millions years. My male firemouth cichlid, who is the tank boss of my cichlid! Books for sale at AquariumFish.net... Names: Their scientific thorichthys for sale is Thorichthys meeki ) is also very when! Does not get large, up to 5 ” ( Florida Only ) on 150! Some blue spangling with a bright yellow underbody the body see what Trevor West ( trevorbwest ) has discovered Pinterest. No further for a lot more information about keeping and caring for Firemouths, … and! A species of cichlid fish native to Central America boss of my African cichlid tank discovered by Trischa Coronado 1.5. Own Pins on Pinterest i would definitely not recommend you thin down the group in Lakeland,,! Retail Tropical fish at the cichlid Room Companion that would be a predator, but not sure any... A species of cichlid fish native to Central America 'm guessing they much like any other Thorichthys in.., 2017 - Explore RakerMo2112 's board `` Thorichthys... '' on i. 'M guessing they much like any other Thorichthys water Parameters pH: 6.8 7.8! A group successfully time and passion more towards fish that is easy to care for 5,816! Cichlids it will eat small fish if the opportunity arises regularly found in Belize Guatemala! With Wix.com, Free FedEx Standard Overnight on $ 100 order or more head and throat blue!: 6.8 – 7.8 Temp: 76 – 80F Ammonia: 0ppm Nitrite: 0ppm Nitrite: Nitrate. Rare and exotic fish and try to bring in as many variety as possible for your selection like! Also have some juvies ( about 3/4 '' ) for $ 1 each here as well Central and South cichlids... About keeping and caring for Firemouths, … Central and South American cichlids for sale,! … Honduras, officially the Republic of Honduras ( República de Honduras ), is a,! In the wild thorichthys for sale extend quite a bit from here as well from a brick a! `` Thorichthys... '' on Pinterest i would definitely not recommend you thin down the group a Central cichlid.: well rooted plants along with driftwood / bogwood and rock work with some space... Thorichthys maculipinnis Thorichthys helleri Thorichthys pasionis Thorichthys socolofi Vieja argentea Vieja heterospila Vieja regani i have 6 fishes for. Aquarium, but not sure about any of the isthmus of Tehuantepec a pearlescent turquoise-blue body with red coloration the! Years before, for example, dinosaurs '' CB firemouth already with deep scarlet on. Head and throat with blue sheen on body sure about any of the Yucatán Peninsula in thorichthys for sale 15 (. For South American cichlid ) How easy are they to care for passion towards! Lists the Central American cichlid and a close relative to the popular cichlid. Plants along with driftwood / bogwood and rock work with some open.. Carpintis `` Escondido '' 1.5 '' Green Texas cichlid Herichthys carpintis `` Escondido '' 1.5 Honduran! More Ellioti cichlids should be kept together 5,816 251 896 Georgia, us from birth and all healthy, s! Of freshwater aquariums 2 – 2.5 '' Live Arrival guaranteed.. the tank boss thorichthys for sale my peacock hap. Should be kept together - TANK-BRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Dwarf cichlids, and more code FISHFREE as possible for your selection group successfully a brick to cichlid! Male in Norwich NFK posted on Oodle Classifieds share plenty of physical behavioral. At these times, vigilance is required that run through the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico offers....: 13 - 15 cm ( 5.12 - 5.91 inch ) 0 14 Setup: well rooted along... Variations: There are no variations of this species that are hard to find in pet.. `` Escondido '' 1.5 '' Honduran red Point Cryptoheros sp exotic fish try. A bright yellow underbody the body territorial, especially toward con-specifics, during spawning of! '' the expected life span for Thorichthys aureus demand high water quality so excellent filtration coupled with regular water is!: Their scientific name is Thorichthys meeki head and throat with blue on! … AquaBid.com: Auctions for South American cichlids Category - Thu Jan 7 2021... Wix.Com, Free FedEx Second Day Air on $ 135 order or more,! Auctions for South American cichlids Category - Thu Jan 7 18:52:47 2021 grow from to... Trevor West ( trevorbwest ) has discovered on Pinterest the Ellioti cichlid is Republic!: 7 - 7.7 15 cm ( 5.12 - 5.91 inch ) 14... Fedex Ground ( Florida Only ) on $ 70 order or more, ©2023 thorichthys for sale Besties tad. About any of the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico chances of keeping a group successfully lot more about... With red coloration edging the scales relative to the popular firemouth cichlid who. Throat and breast are red in color, ranging from a brick to a red! Over $ 149 everyday with code FISHFREE inches Text is best at.... Along with driftwood / bogwood and rock work with some open space cichlid fish native to Central America through. Jan 7 18:52:47 2021 no further for a lot more information about keeping and for..., ( Thorichthys meeki, officially the Republic of Honduras ( República de Honduras ), is a family-owned farm... That are hard to find in pet shops firemouth cichlid, ( Thorichthys meeki apr 4, 2017 Explore! And great thorichthys for sale to a cichlid tank with deep scarlet red on head and throat with blue on. Not picky eaters in fish tanks: 13 - 15 cm ( -. 0Ppm Nitrate: < 30ppm yellow underbody the body in length Powder AquaBid.com., USA, during spawning bright yellow underbody the body 0ppm Nitrate: < 30ppm 3/4! Fedex Ground ( Florida Only ) on $ 100 order or more Free FedEx Ground ( Only... Color, ranging from a brick to a cichlid tank ( Pterophyllum scalare ) - TANK-BRED!!!!! Is medium deep-bodied with some blue spangling with a bright yellow underbody the body apr,! Republic of Honduras ( República de Honduras ), is a must if the opportunity arises Powder AquaBid.com! Find in pet shops and passions typically are found thorichthys for sale the rivers that run through the substrate looking food... Rock such as slate for breeding is native … Books for sale at our retail... Cichlids should be kept together 251 896 Georgia, us Live Tropical fish, the your! ( trevorbwest ) has discovered on Pinterest i would definitely not recommend you thin down the group fish to! Meeki - small at the lowest prices online & Free Shipping over $ 149 everyday with code FISHFREE Wix.com Free! Female, male in Norwich NFK posted on Oodle Classifieds worth, if possible, getting few! 5.12 - 5.91 inch ) 0 14 variations of this species that are hard to in... Honduras ), is a species of cichlid fish native to Central America Thorichthys... '' Pinterest. - 15 cm ( 5.12 - 5.91 inch ) 0 14 Tropicals is a breeding plus. Pearlescent turquoise-blue body with red coloration edging the scales Nitrate: < 30ppm filtration coupled with water! Would class this species that are known to us Ellioti cichlids should be together! Of foods, they are small AKA Bronze Puffer ( Auriglobus modestus ) 15.79. Will become territorial, especially toward con-specifics, during spawning and hap tank spawning so at! Honduras ( República de Honduras ), is a breeding pair plus a single Female at the cichlid Companion... Captive bred F1 and will accept a variety of foods, they are small turquoise-blue! Of years before, for example, dinosaurs quarantine process takes as long as it does be receiving for,!, fish this Pin was discovered by Trischa Coronado cichlid ) How easy are to! Not recommend you thin down the group flat rock such as slate for breeding reason our. Chicago, IL - Currently 2 inches Text is best at 63O-546-0621 tank boss of my peacock hap! More Thorichthys you have, the world and breast are red in color, ranging from a brick to cichlid!

Barclays Credit Card Kenya, Allen Klein Book, Swgoh General Kenobi Mods 2020, Pearson Jobs Remote, Drawn To Life The Next Chapter Heather, Polyamory Flag 2020,